Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brianug
Regular MemberPosts: 377
Like?
Denali NP G1X
Aug 9, 2012

Spent a few days in Denali NP. Left the 7D at home and just took my G1X and my OM-D. Basically pleased with how the G1X handled. Just shot handheld with both cameras using the OM-D for wide and ultra wide, and using the G1X for everything else.

Any issues that I had with the G1X dealt with the viewfinder, which I always used. It's all been reported here before, but it certainly was a hindrance for framing. Nothing you can do about it except hope Canon addresses it in the future. The plus side is that the camera is really sharp, and the raw files can really take a lot of cropping. I mean A LOT of cropping. This image here was cropped quite a bit, and I was pleased with how it held up, as well as my other images from it. Was very pleased with the image quality on the entire trip.

Converted this image to B&W. Was pleased to get a Grizzly and two cubs in this shot which helped anchor it and give it scale. A fun and amazing place.

Thanks for looking
Brian
[IMG]

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow