ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wuxiekeji
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Contax adapters and mechanical play
Aug 9, 2012

Question for the Contax users out here

I've been using Zeiss Contax-Yashica lenses on my 60D for quite a while. I use the Fotodiox Pro adapters, I bought a dedicated one for each lens for convenience. The adapter to body is a perfect fit so no probem there. However, they do have some play/wobble between the lens and adapter, and even though I absolutely love these lenses, I feel like it would be nice if I could eliminate this mechanical play.

Since I have a dedicated adapter for each lens I was wondering if it is a bad idea (in anyone's experience) to glue the adapter onto the lens. The problem is though I don't want (a) the glue outgassing onto my sensor and (b) in case the glue breaks, I want it to break in one piece and not shatter into pieces like superglue/epoxy would do.

Any thoughts?

wuxiekeji's gear list:wuxiekeji's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC +3 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow