Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GAREB
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,662
Like?
CHDK, works sort of
Aug 9, 2012

I thought I would give CHDK another try before leaving for the Crimea on Saturday, I really would have liked to be able to use raw. It installs OK from what I can see, but the only menu is the scripts menu, and within the scripts menu are a few sub menus, so I tried the motion detection. Aimed at a ceiling fan, mashed the shutter button, my wife turned on the fan and the camera started taking photos, as a matter of fact would not stop taking photos until I pointed the camera away. So that worked, but I can not for the sake of me find how to get to the main menu, the only menu I can find is the scripts menu that loads up when I do the firmware update.

I thought maybe I had a bad download, so i downloaded the CHDK file again, reinstalled it and still the only menu is the scripts menu. The only thing I can think of is that I am downloading the wrong firmware version for my SX220. I used a firmware checking program from the CHDK page and it says my firmware is 101c and that is what I download. Outside of that I can think of no other reason why my SX220 will not use CHDK. I still think CHDK drains the battery pretty fast, whne I use my camera without CHDK a battery will last for 400 plus shots, installing CHDK, I can watch the CHDK battery meter drop slowly down. The only thing I can figure is that firmware checker is telling me the wrong version of firmware on my camera, so I am trying to use the wrong version.

I really was hoping to be able to use CHDK in the Crimea and Yalta. I plan on going to the mountains and photographing wildflowers, I have a flipback mirror mounted on my lcd screen and a gorillapod that works great for macro and low light photography and I was hoping that I would be able to use raw for landscape shots and inside palace shots, but I guess I will have to use my bigger Panasonic FZ-50 for that. I guess I will try one more time using another firmware version and see what happens, got nothing to lose in trying.
JD

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow