Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MidlifeClassicCars
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Replacing my older DSLR need some help.
Aug 9, 2012

I had a Nikon D60 for under a year before someone broke into my house and took all my camera gear. That was a few years ago and I am looking to get back into the game

I am in no way a pro and have for the most part been looking at the Canon T3i and the new T4i. $1300 is my budget and that has me inline with the Canon T4i with 18-135mm EF-S IS STM Lens. With that budget what different combos would you recommend leaning more on the T4i body side of things?

I am looking to shoot both stills and videos this time with 90% of my subjects being cars sitting still or on the track. I know I dont have a ton of money for a big zoom lens. I am just looking for one or two all around lens to get me started.

I did find a Nikkor-N 1:1.4 f=35mm in great shape for free last week and have been doing some research to adapt it to a Canon body.

Thanks for any help,

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow