frustration with Nikon repair Melville

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Kaplan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,977Gear list
Like?
It is actually very simple.
In reply to sjstremb, Aug 9, 2012

Almost no electronics companies will repair an item without proof of purchase (and if one does it is the odd one). Proof of warranty is not only for grey market goods but also for stolen goods which is a good thing IMO. It also verifies sale date in case it was sold past the expected sale date. No big deal to send it in. I scan my written invoices and keep a copy of my electronic ones just in case. You can usually go back to where you bought it as well for them to give you a copy.

The warranty you fill in online (or the warranty card) may be used for Marketing but also if they have a recall on the item for an example if it can start on fire, they will need to contact you. Don't register or register false info and they have no way to tell you. It is not often this is necessary but it can happen.
--
Michael Kaplan
http://www.pbase.com/mkaplan
See my profile for equipment list

Michael Kaplan's gear list:Michael Kaplan's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Epson Artisan 835 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow