ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
miguellara78
Regular MemberPosts: 302Gear list
Like?
My first paid shots :) ....
Aug 8, 2012

Long story,

So after I started doing photography... about 3 - 4 months ago already, I started showing some of my shots to some of my co-workers, they started passing the word about me being a photographer and the word spread up to the president of the company.

He asked me to show him my pictures and he liked them, so he asked me if I thought I would be able to do the photography for our company products, (we do office and healthcare furniture), I said I could give it a try, so they bought me a few lights and a backdrop I asked for and off I went.

Up to now we were out-sourcing our photography and paying someone else to do it.

Well at the end they thought the result images were to their liking, and they offered me to be the company's photographer with a salary increase, so we started to negotiate... at the end we agreed on an extra $250 dollars per week on top of my current salary, and they would buy the camera equipment to do the photography.... (I suggested Sony of course )

So now I am the official photographer of the company....... and I will actually start making money of what I love to do....

Well furniture is not as fun as taking my Macro, creative and wild life pictures but hey... with the salary increase, after about 4 months I will make my camera equipment investment back... and after that is pure profit .

So here are the pictures that won me the position . I will be taking pictures probably about once a week.

-- hide signature --
 miguellara78's gear list:miguellara78's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow