Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeegnesh
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
XZ-1 advice/tips
Aug 8, 2012

I have used dpreview forums everytime I bought a camera and I have bought alot of camera's, always window shopping but decided it was finally time to join.

So after some good reading on here I went for the XZ-1 and am really really please with it, I have a Nikon D7000 but found with young kids it wasn't the easiest thing to carry around and after trying a number of camera's (NEX-5, s95, G12, P7000), for one reason or another were not for me, I am really liking the XZ-1 for my usage level. Have purchased Dublin 30 case as I wanted the slighest of cases I could get away with, seperate charger and 2 extra batteries (cheap on eBay), and the LC-63A auto lens cap.

Some questions I had:-

1 - Indoor shooting when the lights are on I get very yellow images, I am guessing I need to use a specific WB setting?

2 - What setting to use for kids when there running about eg. sportday or even my little girl who just will not stay still for pics. I found outdoor in good light I could use 1/400 in S mode and pics came out pretty good, but I guess I would not be able to use that indoors?

3 - I find pics are rich in colour but frequently on the dark side, tend to use fill light in picasa a fair few times, should I get the exposure to +something?

Any other tips for a new shooter, there was settings on here about P mode, center, fish icon, I have set them and am using those already.

Thanks in advance.

Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon D7000 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow