Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
Re: there used to be a time
In reply to Dixa, Aug 8, 2012

Dixa wrote:

shrug.

all the way up t hrough to the 10d, and even then for half of it's initial life you could not get a hold of a d30, d60 of 10d easily. you had to call around a lot, every day to find one. even large multi-milion dollar camera stores would onlyget 12 a month spread over several shipments. for m y store, the d30 and d60 were cameras you had to pay for in advance if you wanted one, the waiting list was huge.

with the 10d the initial shipment was massive, then it was nowhere to be found for 3 months.

. . . I hesitated when the original 5D came out and paid a price for that by having to wait several weeks for one when I finally decided to get it. Eventually got so frustrated that I bought it from an Ebay seller which worked out just fine with the warranty intact and no problems.

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow