ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Upgrade time. Canon 1 DX????
Aug 8, 2012

Hi all,

It's time for me to upgrade my old Canon 20d. It has served me well over the years but it's time for an upgrade. the low light capabilities and AF just isn't up there anymore.

I've bought the Sony NEX-7 including Zeiss 24 1.8 lens about 5 month ago and I like this combo a lot. I'm surprised how little I miss a zoom lens. The fact I have to move around to take picture does improve my creativity.

I like the fact it's a small combo which I easily can take with me but the AF isn't really good and the ISO can be better as well.

So basically I'm thinking of buying the Canon 1DX. The robustness, ISO performance, frame rate etc are a different class compared to the Sony/Zeiss combo.

However I would like your advice in terms of image quality. Using eg. a Canon 24-70 or 16-35 how would the canon 1dx combo compare to the Sony at low ISO? Would the imagine be the same, or perhaps the Sony/Zeiss is better? Or do I need a prime lens on the Canon to match the Sony/Zeiss? (Off course the Canon is full frame)

And last but not least, how does the image quality of the 5d Mark III compare to the 1DX at low ISO? I guess it's pretty much identical?

Appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks.

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
kimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow