Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
craig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,926
Like?
First Attempt Stacking
Aug 8, 2012

OK..first the disclaimer: This is not intended to be a work of art, just an example of what I think is pretty fair first attempt at stacking D800 with 150mm VR, electronic release, mirror up @ f/11. The rail worked fine. (Kirk) I probably took too many shots because I wasn't sure if I had covered the DOF. I used Helicon at it's default settings and was surprised at how quickly it rendered the thirty or so shots. ( I use a 2008 mac pro tower) I just threw an Ott-Lite over a sage flower that I misted with water. The water drew the pollen in and created the colored droplets. Cool I thought the droplets would help me judge the focus results. The original file before web downsize is really amazing as far as no major ghosting or artifacts. A very small amount of hand work in post. It's neat to know that stacking is an option. Thanks for your help in my previous posts about this subject to help get me started.

Craig

-- hide signature --
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow