Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GlobalGreg
Regular MemberPosts: 217Gear list
Like?
Sent 24-70 lens to Nikon for calibrating
Aug 8, 2012

Well I finally bit the bullet and sent my Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 lens to the Nikon facility in El Segundo. I use it with a D7000 and ever since I bought it seemed like something wasn't right. Sometimes I would get breath taking pictures that were sharp as a tack and sometimes they'd be a bit soft. I got a LensAlign system to see if I could do some micro adjusting and I found that sometimes it would front focus and sometimes it would backfocus. It didn't seem to do that with my Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens so I'm pretty sure it's the 24-70 lens and not my D7000 body. I sent in the camera with it just in case it's the camera. Sucks having to mail equipment that costs so much $$ but I just got so frustrated I couldn't take it anymore. Anyone have any positive experiences from sending a Nikon lens/body to Nikon for repair?

GlobalGreg's gear list:GlobalGreg's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow