Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ojanse
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Best mirrorless for half year abroad, video and stills
Aug 8, 2012

As I'll be leaving to Japan in a month for half a year, I'm looking to buy a decent enough camera te film a blog, but which can also deliver some great pictures. I think the size of the normal DSLR camera's is just a tad too big for me to carry around everyday, but since I enjoy having more control over what I shoot, the mirrorless cameras quickly caught my interest. I've been searching endlessly for the pro's and con's of the cameras available, and I think that I've narrowed them down to just 2.

They are the nex-5n and GH2 (which just barely falls within my budget).

I've had both cameras in my hands for a few times now, and just wasn't able to get a good photo with the gh2, while with the nex-5n it was very easy using manual control. It probably is just me being a beginner, but I don't want to have to go through too much trouble everytime I want to take a decent photo. I'd like to use it for quick vacation shots, as well as being able to use it creatively.

• Would you say that the GH2 is a good stills camera as well, or just for those who put the extra time in it in post?

• Is the battery life of the GH2 as bad as I've been led to believe?

• Is the clicking problem still an issue with the nex-5n, and should I let it keep me from buying it?

• Which one would you recommend or are there perhaps other camera's which I should reconsider? I would love to go for the nex-7 but that one's far beyond what I can pay, and as I leave next month, I can't wait for the next batch of nex products.

Thanks in advance!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow