Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
Senior MemberPosts: 2,633Gear list
Like?
Typo
In reply to Martin Ocando, Aug 8, 2012

I should have said "below" the horizon.

Martin Ocando wrote:

Actually what I call Alpenglow is the illumination with warm light on the clouds. Is not really a matter of were you take the picture pointed to, but as to the kind of light illuminating the subject. As I said, it can be a mountain, a building, a cloud formation, etc. The key is, since the sun is already set and above the horizon, there is a very narrow window where the sun rays bouce off the edge of the earth and creates this phenomena.

RaptorUK wrote:

I think neither are Alpenglow, I think the first has the sun above the horizon, just behind cloud, the second is still pointed at the area where the sun is but is after the sun has set.

Isn't a key point that an evening shot must be taken facing East, and a Morning shot must be taken facing West ?

Martin Ocando wrote:

This is NOT Alpenglow

This IS Alpenglow

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

-- hide signature --

Martin Ocando
-------------------------

-- hide signature --

Martin Ocando
-------------------------

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow