10+ years of digital photography.

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
rkny
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: Wonderful work, Rob
In reply to david_g, Aug 8, 2012

Thanks for the kind words and the critique. The ivy image was a lapse in judgement and is now gone. The others remain.

I started my obsession with photography as a child, obsessed with cameras as objects. I dropped out of college and took a job at a retail camera shop in CT in 1987. From there, I moved to NYC and briefly worked in a professional camera shop (now Calumet), before breaking out as a freelance photo assistant; a leg of the journey that lasted 10 years, spanning over 100 photographers.

I also started shooting stock in 1994 for a now Getty owned Japanese company called Photonica, while also getting sporadic assignment work, mostly in commercial still life.

By 2003, I'd had enough of the competitive NYC commercial photography scene and branched out into retouching and graphic design. I freelanced at that for another few years, and now I'm a full time retoucher at a busy NYC studio called Gloss.

Rob

rkny's gear list:rkny's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow