Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
katman68
Regular MemberPosts: 480
Like?
Puzzling issue w/7D V2
Aug 8, 2012

So far this new V2 firmware update is rockin', but am seeing a very odd problem editing RAW images in camera. It doesn't appear something you can correct nor something I'm doing wrong or don't understand....

I took an image shot indoors after the update strictly lit by indoor fluorescent w/WB set to Fluorescent(4000k), but it had an orangish cast(understandable error on my part - had never shot under these). For starters I changed it to incandescent(3200K). OK but still didn't look quite right, seemed greenish. 3500K, better but still not right. Then out of curiosity raised it again to 4000K(same as Fluorescent preset). Not surprisingly, wasn't right either BUT the REALLY odd thing is it looks obviously DIFFERENT from the original Fluorescent 4000K preset image. How can THAT be - WHAT is going on? I know when you view images on the LCD it's the jpeg version, which is what the original & saved RAW edit are so what gives? The only thing left for me to do is view them on my laptop, but don't see that resolving any difference between the original & edited.

Interestingly, setting the original's WB to AWB image colors appears VERY accurate - nearly dead on. From all the complaints about Canons not having accurate AWB shooting indoors, this would indicate without admitting it Canon has done improvements to this with V2. But with this color discrepancy w/two images set to 4000K w/the RAW edit feature, I'm feeling uneasy relying at all on this to edit RAWS in camera.
What could this possibly be - any takers?

Cheers,
Mark

Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow