X-10 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 ?

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,347Gear list
Like?
Re: Depends on . . .
In reply to Shomari, Aug 8, 2012

To John Bean (UK) and Shomari,

I'm sorry but that's exactly what happened. I bought the camera new in a shop here in Brussels (Belgium), and brought it back THE NEXT DAY. The camera was absolutely in mint condition. The seller told me that if the camera suffered the orbs issue, I could have it repaired, so I took the risk.

After four weeks, I called the shop where I bought the camera to ask for news, and they told me they haven't heard anything from Fuji yet. They called me one week later (so yeah, that's 5 weeks, five), to tell me that Fuji cannot repair the camera, and that I will get a full refund. I spoke with the salesman and told him that I sent the camera for a sensor replacement, and he told me he knew this, and did not understand why Fuji refused to change the sensor. I got fed up and bought a S100.

However, I really loved the X10, it's a fantastic camera, don't take me wrong. I used a friend's X10 for a couple of days, and I fell in love with it, that's why I decided to buy one.

I know about many good user's experience here, that's why I decided I would take the risk.

But my experience was bad, and I am only stating facts.

Maybe Fuji Belgium has to be blamed, but the fact is that I returned a brand new camera for sensor replacement, and five weeks later, I learned that "they cannot repair it".

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow