Forster, NSW Beaches with 12-60

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,916Gear list
Like?
Re: My thoughts about the EM5.
In reply to OvinceZ, Aug 8, 2012

Hi Vince !

Thank you for the iris picture, they are beautiful.

I recognize your frustration in front of the manual : yes, that camera is complicated and added to the exotic terms used in the manual and the daunting number of available options and customization it can be very frustrating at the beginning. I remember venting my frustration here too at the beginning with the E-P1.

I persisted because I appreciate the lightness and compactness of this system. When the 5D2 was issued, I decided to pass on this update, but was waiting for the 5D3. I was so deceived by its specifications that I decided not to ge it : I was hoping for an articulated display, like on the 60D and for possibly a smaller body and an improved sensor. Instead of that the body got even heavier, got only a fixed LCD, but added features i didn't need, like the new AF and higher frame rate. I was hoping that under the pressure of mirrorless cameras, Canon would try to diminish the size and weight of their bodies, if only a little, but they are going in the opposite direction. I do also own some nice L glass, but I'm not sure about what I will do with this system.

We have to work with what feels better in our hands while giving us the results we want. But I have the feeling that you didn't give the E-M5 a real chance. Of course it will never be a like a Nikon D800E !

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow