Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kevin Knapp
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Just Lost My Brand-New RX100... for real :-(
Aug 8, 2012

I live in Colorado Springs, and had to go to Denver on Sunday, so before I returned I swung by the Mike's Camera in Lone Tree to check out the RX-100 (which, near as I can tell, isn't at any store in the Springs). I played with it and immediately fell in love, and bought it to replace my Canon S100 as my "always on me" camera. I also ordered the Chinese external battery charger and some spare batteries off e-Bay, and a Richard Franiec grip. I took an obligatory picture of one of my cats (which wasn't inclined to pose), and figured I'd take some more pictures after work on Monday.

On Monday morning I took a break from work, and walked the 1.3 mile loop around our campus campus with some colleagues. I had put the RX-100 in an old camera case that had some velcro tabs for a belt loop, and I put it on my belt for the walk, just in case I saw anything worth shooting (the building is right up against the foothills). That is the last time I remembered seeing my camera. I can't believe that the velcro could have separated and it fell of my belt, but that's the only thing I can think of. An hour or so after our walk I realized I didn't know where my new camera was, tore my desk apart, and retraced my steps around the building several times in both directions. I also stopped by each of the entrances to our building and left my name and number with the security desk in case anybody turns it in. So far, no dice...

So, I am out $700 after taxes, and I am feeling very stupid. I can't believe I lost a camera less than 24 hours old. The city police department won't take my info, but the lady I spoke with encouraged me to call back to see if anybody brings it in. Another colleague suggested I call all the local pawn shops and ask if they have this specific model available, and also check Craig's List.

It's probably a lost cause, but does anybody have any suggestions on anything else I can do? Many thanks,

Kevin Knapp, Colorado Springs

Kevin Knapp's gear list:Kevin Knapp's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow