Lightning strikes twice

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
don m
Senior MemberPosts: 1,208Gear list
Like?
Re: Tom Skilling says....
In reply to osage_archer, Aug 7, 2012

Yes, I agree Tom, it could be some type of internal reflection between sensor and lenses. But I don't discount the drift theory either.... or possibly, maybe, as an outside chance or long shot, the IBIS played a part... ducking quickly for cover.

I dunno,
Don

osage_archer wrote:

Sure, and I accept that she wasn't shooting through a glass window. Don't you think it's a really strange coincidence then that the image I posted shooting through a glass window shows as exactly as can be imagined for two different images, the same type of effect? I think it's an internal reflection from her lens(es). Has it ever been documented that you have one bright (normal) lightning strike accompanied by a somehow dimmer one dozens or hundreds of feet away that matches the path exactly of the bright strike?

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

don m wrote:

Hi Tom,

Since it's a lightning strike and travelling more than the speed of the wind you mentioned below, I think we can rule out the blurring as an issue... don't you think?

. . . And she's already said that she wasn't shooting through a glass window.

don m's gear list:don m's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow