ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BRUCEK56
Contributing MemberPosts: 783Gear list
Like?
I got back my 24-105 from Canon Service
Aug 7, 2012

Hi,

I had sent it in to "refurbish" it since I have had it since 2005 and it has been my workhorse lens. The cost was 406.00.
I figured matching it with my 1DX now was the time to send it in.

They did a fantastic job! They replaced almost everything except the glass and it looks brand new. They fixed a focus issue (which I asked them to check).

Everything feels nice and tight (no more zoom creep!).

I tested it and it is now extremely sharp wide open which was a problem at anything over 20 feet it would get "fuzzy".

About the only odd thing is it requires a +11 micro adjustment on the 1DX but 0 microadjustment on my now back-up 1D Mark lll.

I would think the problem was with the 1DX but my two other lenses Canon 70-200 IS f4 and the 70-200 2.8 IS ll both require 0 micro adjustment with the 1DX.

It doesn't really matter................ that's what we have micro adjustment for!

Bottom line.....well worth the money spent.

-- hide signature --

BRUCEK56

BRUCEK56's gear list:BRUCEK56's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow