TG-1 is a sales failure

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
elmo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,518
Like?
Re: TG-1 is a sales failure
In reply to Jefftan, Aug 7, 2012

As someone noted below, IQ is still lacking, compared to non-waterproof cameras.

It didn't make my cut, as I bought the TG820 for $120 less. And, I got a bit less IQ and capability for my money. And, I got one less access door that must remain waterproof.

The issue is that I (and many others, I think) do not believe that ANY of the waterproof cameras will remain waterproof as long as they should. So, we must limit the money spent.

It would be refreshing to see a camera that was so darned waterproof that it came with a serious and generous warranty. Maybe a camera with a sensor interlock that would go nuts with warnings, with an early leak detection system. And, then, no questions asked on a damage claim. Instant swap for a rebuild.

SOMETHING that would make us have confidence that our money is well-spent.

Jefftan wrote:

It confirm the belief that waterproof camera buyers are not willing to pay for quality. This failure will most likely mean a dream of a large sensor waterproof camera will never be fulfuilled

The market has spoke. They are not even willing to paid $370 for TG-1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow