Lightning strikes twice

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
efg40
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,176Gear list
Like?
Re: Tom Skilling says....
In reply to osage_archer, Aug 7, 2012

Post that response and see what he says about the channel moving dozens or hundreds of feet in a fraction of a second, and why their would be two distinct images and not a smeared image...

I understand your evidence and opinion, and yes, I disagree. The lightning was much closer than you think, I think, and the distance between lines not as great as you think. Also, gusts up to 70 mph accompanied this storm, so some strange phenomenon can happen in a sky full of charge.

No way in heck I'll be posting arguments with the kind Mr. Skilling.

Whatever it is, a most unusual sensor reflection or lightning drift caught in an unusual way by the camera, it's not something I've ever seen so I will just appreciate it's uniqueness either way.

efg40 wrote:

Well I decided I would ask the very best weather nerd in the world, Tom Skilling. I posted the picture to his wall on Facebook and this is his answer which is what I said, only the correct term for it...

-- hide signature --

Elizabeth
efg40

-- hide signature --

Elizabeth
efg40

efg40's gear list:efg40's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow