M43 vsFZ150

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
PdL59
Junior MemberPosts: 46Gear list
Like?
Re: M43 vsFZ150
In reply to picky2, Aug 7, 2012

I can compare my FZ150 with my previous G2 and my present E-M5 with a couple of m43 lenses.

In good light I preferred FZ150 to G2 since it gave very good IQ and is more responsive than G2. This advantage disapeared with the E-M5.

I also like shooting video with the FZ150 due to motorized zoom, but I am not an experienced video shooter with any camera and this is not a very important feature when I choose camera.

The advantage with m43 systems is of course that I can put very fast primes on the body and use the camera in low light situations. They also gives less noise with higher ISO settings, which gives even better possibilities in low light conditions. Of course, the price of my PL 25/1.4 lens is approximately equal to the FZ150 was when I bought it.

General build quality is better for the more expensive m43 system and you get even better control.

PdL59's gear list:PdL59's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow