Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,792Gear list
Like?
New E-M5 Serial No. changed on box & warranty card
Aug 7, 2012

I just received the E-M5 from a "new shipment" from Amazon. The original serial number on the box had a label over it with a different serial number. The warranty card also included a new label & serial number covering the original Serial number.

Also, I noted the original warranty card information included a 14-42 lens serial number which was covered by a blank label - I could just read the "14-42" part under the new label, but could not see the serial number without ripping the label.

My question is - since they just recently began shipping "Body Only" cameras, did Olympus use the same boxes as the kits were shipped in and just cover up the old serial numbers. If so, what happened to the camera that had the original serial number on it?

Also - would Olympus question the warranty info if I had to use it with the original serial number covered?

The original box was also slightly torn where you open it.

I thought someone here might have experienced a similar situation, or know if this is common? Otherwise I will call Amazon later today.

Thanks for any info or comments
--
Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow