Instead of a A99, I'll get another A900/A850.

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kriekira
Senior MemberPosts: 2,181Gear list
Like?
Re: Been picked on recently? ...
In reply to fanboy6, Aug 7, 2012

fanboy6 wrote:

That sword cuts both ways.

There are a plethora of posts from died-in-the-wool OVF users (i.e. photography snobs) who either don't give EVF a chance or exaggerate the OVF in the A850/900 so that when one actually looks at it the inevitable impression does not meet the raised expectations.

No reason to swing it mindlessly, though. I am neither "died-in-the-wool" nor a "photography snob". I have given the EVF a chance (I own and use the a77, and purchased but returned a Nex-7). I have not exaggerated the qualities of the OVF -- I have posted specific instances which demonstrate that for overall fidelity, dynamic range, and color range, the OVF is demonstrably and substantially superior to the current EVF.

The question should never be simply, "Which is better". Tools do jobs. The question is, which is better for this particular use I have .

For some of my uses the OVF is much better. I use it.
For some of my uses, the EVF is better. I use it.

Kriekira's gear list:Kriekira's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1R Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow