Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sjstremb
Regular MemberPosts: 429Gear list
Like?
frustration with Nikon repair Melville
Aug 7, 2012

I have a D800 with the AF problem requiring a trip to Melville. I got the estimate today for my D800 AF repair, its listed as a B2 repair and they want to charge me $245 for the repair as I did not include the bill of sale. I called and asked them if there were any D800's out of warrant in the USA and they insisted that it was procedure. I was bucked up to a supervisor who also insisted that I needed to send them a bill of sale.

Talk about engendering good customer relations. I've been an NPS member for 15 years, and you would think that would mean something, the camera was registered on line with Nikon and you might think that enough. It seems registering your camera on line is only a marketing tool for Nikon and does not really register the camera for warranty work.

sjstremb's gear list:sjstremb's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 +17 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow