Panasonic says blurry images issue solved on Lumix GX1 with G X Vario PZ 14-42

Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vittorio Fracassi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,348Gear list
Like?
Re: GX1 Shutter-Induced Decrease in Lens Performance
In reply to William Castleman, Aug 7, 2012

dear Mr. Castleman,

the quality of your work, your fine scientific presentation will influence the judgement of the market of the GX1; this by the way is an informational situation typical of data published in the network more than in any other media.

Camera bodies have an average life of about 3 years in which they loose about half of their purchase value, that is if that body is known to have performed reasonably well. If it becomes a milestone like the Canon 1Ds3 or the Nikon D3, or if it's on its way of becomeing one like the Olympus OM-D EM-5, then after 3 years if can have 70% of it's purchase value.

I am not a fan of the GX1, I am an owner of a perfect copy of the GX1 (and of the 45-175), and the monetary residual value of my camera, has certainly been influenced negatively by your publication and the way it has been presented without a due estimate of the frequence of the shutter-speed problem in the exixting population of GX1s.

I wanted to point out that when you reach a certain credibility and influence you have also a responsibility.

I will inevitably put my GX1 on eBay within a couple of years (while I hold tight my great M4/3 glass) and when I will see it go for 100Eu instread of 250Eu I will most probably think (in an impartial way on my turn) that reading your very good review costed me 1 Eu/word.

Regards, Vittorio

Vittorio Fracassi's gear list:Vittorio Fracassi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow