Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
daveb975
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
32GB card for NEX 7
Aug 7, 2012

I have recently changed from a NEX 5 to a NEX 7, and have been using my Eye-Fi Pro SD cards with it. They are 8GB, class 6 cards and work absolutely fine for my normal type of shooting.

However, I have been using the camera at the Olympics on the continuous mode and this has made me realise that a bigger card would be handy for this type of thing!

I have also noticed that the camera 'locks up' after a couple of seconds of shooting at this speed, which I guess is not surprising given the 24Mp files and the fact I am shooting RAW+Jpeg. Would moving to a faster card minimise these lock ups?

I have read a lot of the threads on here about SD vs Memory stick etc, and which is the very fastest card, but I am still unclear as to whether the NEX 7 will benefit from these very fastest ones.

Could anyone recommend a card that will be fast enough to make something else the bottleneck? It has to be SD because memory stick is not compatible with the rest of my kit. Faster download speeds will be nice, but not a massive priorty because my Eye-Fi cards will remain my standard cards for normal shoots.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow