Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Danack
Regular MemberPosts: 331
Like?
Recommend me a bag?
Aug 7, 2012

Can anyone recommend a camera bag upgrade for me? I'm going for a trip to Europe for a couple of months soon, and although I have a good day bag for carrying around a camera and a lens or two during the day, I need a better big backpack for carrying all my gear onto planes and trains.

I'm currently using a Vertex 300 AW but it's not quite got the capacity to hold all the stuff I wish to take, as well as having a few features which make it not good for me.

• I don't use any of the external pockets so they're pretty much wasted space and weight.

• The straps are massive - I'm not the tallest of people and the should straps seem to be too large to fit snugly compared to other non-camera backpacks I use.

• It's shallower at the base of the bag than at the top, so the 1d and 24-70 can't fit in the bag at the bottom, only at the top, which limits how I can arrange items.

Any ideas?

(other than leave the 100-400 at home and I'll suddenly have loads of room...).

cheers
Dan

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow