Looking for a camera that can record slow motion video for a very long duration

Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chas Tennis
Contributing MemberPosts: 608
Like?
Re: Looking for a camera that can record slow motion video for a very long duration
In reply to m4rc3l1n0, Aug 7, 2012

For that application you need MANUAL shutter speed control to minimize motion blur. You also have a lighting problem for indoor high speed video. The light level of direct sunlight is about 100X the light level of indoor tennis courts.

If you are videoing an industrial process the area that has to be illuminated is very important for determining how much lighting you need for high speed video, that is, how practical artificial lighting would be.

The Casio FH100 user's manual states the recording information that I quoted on page 195. If you are interested in the Casio ZR300 or any other camera I suggest that you download the user's manuals and locate that information. The ZR300 does not have Manual exposure control only AUTO and therefore will have unknown motion blur possibly/probably making it unusable for your application. See very recent thread on Casio forum on the ZR300.

The Casio Ex F1, FH20, FH25 & FH100 have manual shutter speed control. Read the Casio Talk Forum for more information. Unfortunately the FH100, the last model made with manual ..., was last produced in 2010. You would have to buy one used or find a new left- over stock as sometimes advertised by Japanese suppliers on E*ay. I don't know of any other affordable high speed video camera with manual exposure control that is currently manufactured.

I've discussed most of this stuff in replies on the Casio Talk Forum.

For discussions of the above issues, also see the Kinovea thread
http://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?id=435

Chas Tennis

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow