RX100 compromise the viability of Micro 4/3s ????

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marcos Villaroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,223Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 compromise the viability of Micro 4/3s ????
In reply to Dixa, Aug 7, 2012

Dixa wrote:

you are also wrong. as m43 matures i'll be able to use my 45mm 1.8 and eventual 75mm 1.8 on the bodies as they get better and better. with rx100 you have to replace the whole thing and there is no guarantee the next version will have an equivalent or better lens.

When m43 sensors start packing 24+ MP, I'm wondering if the current glass will keep up. I hear that the D800's sensor needs the very best glass to get the most out of it.

As it is, if I was not investing in a system and want to limit my expenses to $500 to $700, I like high end P&S like the RX100 or G1X. If I'm going to invest $2000 or more, I like a decent interchangeable lens system.

My problem with the NEX and EOS-M is the size and prices of the lens. Buy up the set I would want to work with, and I'd be staring at something that is closer in size to my DSLR setup than I would have wanted.

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow