Consider to jump from Nikon DSLR to OM-D

Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrScorpio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,351Gear list
Like?
Ditched my 5d2...
In reply to Anthony Curcione, Aug 7, 2012

...and a lot of L glass.

My wife is a quite successful portrait pro, and I am a quite active enthusiast.
I intended to have the mft as a complementary, more portable system to my 5d2.

The EP3 fulfilled that role perfectly, but after having the omd paired with some really good primes, i saw no need to keep my Canon as the IQ was not that different, and sometimes even better with the mft system.

So I abandoned the Canon and have not regretted really. Ok, admittedly the 5d2 - 85 mm 1.2 combination makes me look back and really miss that set up now and then, but otherwise no. The portability and flexibility of the mft is awesome, and the possibility of 600 mm is something not realistic with FF due to price and excessive weight.

I have the perfect set up for travel, landscape, street (!), portrait, macro, sports etc etc.

Well, thats my experience.

BR

Marcus

Anthony Curcione wrote:

I too went from Canon DSLR to OM-D because I wanted a much more portable, yet high quality, system. I haven't had as much time as I would like to getoutandshoot with it, but I do feel that with a bit of patience learning the way it handles that I'll be able to take fine photos of all sorts.

-- hide signature --
 MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow