Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michel F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,767
Like?
bag for 200-400mm and a DX body
Aug 7, 2012

I might get a Nikon 200-400mm very soon and my Lowepro flipside 300 is too small for it. Since I like the design of the flipside, I was thinking of getting a flipside 500 AW which according to specs, would hold the 200-400mm plus body attached but without hood in place. I' m not sure this would be a good solution because then I would have to carry the hood separately (I'm not sure you can reverse it on the lens like all smaller Nikon lenses). I was also looking at the Lens Trekker 600 which is huge and not a very practical design for extras but would accommodate the lens and hood. Any thoughts or suggestions from those who haul the 200-400mm on a regular basis ? Any other options than Lowepro ?

I would be hiking short distances with that lens so a rolling bag is out of the question. I'd like to have something with the least weight and bulk possible and bag needs to fit lens with camera attached (a D300 for now).

Thanks.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow