Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IncrdblHulk7
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
t4i/t3i advice
Aug 7, 2012

So, I bought a t4i w/18-55 kit about 3 weeks ago. Used it on a vacation and got some great family shots. I really liked the camera ... however, I returned it because it seemed silly to keep this combo when the 18-135mm lens is out now and offers a better pairing with the t4i.

My main use for the camera is family photos, action shots of kids, and eventually start taking some videos of kids. Probably 75% photo, and 25% video.

Now that I am digesting the idea of spending $1200 for t4i w/18-135STM kit ... I started to explore another option and wanted to get some opinions ...

Option1: T4i w/ 18-135STM Kit = $1199

or

Option2: T3i (w/MagicLantern) and Canon 15-85mm USM = $1313

Option 1 goes with latest/greatest body (which I do like), but are the new STM lens and AF improvements really worth it?

Option 2 goes with cheaper body and invests more in glass. Heard lots of good things about Magic Lantern.

Any advice?

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow