OM-D w/14 mm-42 mm kit lens DOA

Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dixa
Contributing MemberPosts: 808
Like?
Re: So many complaints here about OMD EM5 QC
In reply to Len_Gee, Aug 7, 2012

there are not that many complaints. the perception is there because its the nature of a vocal minority to post about their problem everywhere and often.

my ipad 2 was doa upon receipt from apple which was annoying as it took a month to arrive. even more was the complaint of faulty wifi hardware but when all was said and done, less than 1% of all shipped units were susceptible

bottom line: poo happens

Len_Gee wrote:
Hello,

Just wondering why there are so many complaints about the OMD EM5 QC. Paint chipping, poor glue job on rubber grip, eye piece falling off, camera DOA,, and other niggles. Seems like just too much to deal with. For me.

I don't hear as much QC problems with the recent Panasonic MFT cameras.

Reliability is more important to me and for perhaps many casual snappers than leading edge technology the OMD currently affords in MFT format.

That's precisely the reason I bought a GX1 on the Amazon Gold Box deal last month, and cancelling my OMD pre-order..

Other snappers and OMD EM5 may have different priorities for putting their credit cards on the camera.

Just wondering. Maybe because made in China?

Regards.

Mike_PEAT wrote:

Things happen in shipping.

Olympus tests their products before shipping (don't know how many times someone here thought they got a used camera because the shutter count wasn't 000000.

Lost track of how many products I've bought that were originally defective or had issues, that were 100% reliable and long lasting after being replaced. My first one was a Commodore 64...would have missed out of a lot of fun years if I took it back and not gotten a replacement.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow