Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
W5JCK
Regular MemberPosts: 414Gear list
Like?
Space Station Flyover captured by Canon Powershot G1 X
Aug 6, 2012

International Space Station Flyover from Arlington, Texas on 5 August 2012.

This is a composite from four photos taken with my new Powershot G1 X. The composite is from four CR2 RAW photos which were combined and post processed with Photoshop CS6. (See camera setting details below.) Considering these were shot from a location with a huge amount of urban light pollution, I was able to pull out a lot of detail. The G1 X does a very good job of night sky photography!

I set up in my apartment complex parking lot located in the south central part of the Dallas/Fort Worth metro. You have to drive a long ways from here to see the Milky Way! (This s a reduced size.)

Camera: Canon Powershot G1 X
Azimuth: Pointing apprx. 130 deg (SE) with camera tilted upwards at 45 deg.
No. of shots: 4
Exposure: 13 seconds each
Interval: 20 seconds each
Speed: ISO-200
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 15mm (the equivalent of 28mm on 35mm film or 17mm on APS-C)

-- hide signature --

An astrophotography hobbyist and amateur radio instructor and examiner. Canon EOS T1i and Canon Powershot G1 X. http://www.w5jck.com

W5JCK's gear list:W5JCK's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow