Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amobi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,784
Like?
If I knew then what I know now.
Aug 6, 2012

I wouldn’t have ventured into Nikon world. Grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. For me it is too late now. I will remain in Nikon camp because I can’t afford to switch back. I have lost a lot of money already. I still have 5DIII but no Canon lenses, flashes except 135L.

The whole switch was a total waste of time and money. Yeah my D800 takes sharp images when the AF works but my old 5DII image is already too sharp. I cannot think of a single area in my photography that gained by the switch. In real world DR was basically none issue and my 5DIII AF performs better than D800 AF. I am not even going to get into Auto WB, skin tone and total waste of disk space.

So for those of you thinking about switching you should think long and hard about it. In my humble opinion the only thing that matter these days is the person behind the camera.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow