new 7d firmware, where is it?

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: new 7d firmware, where is it?
In reply to Box Brownie, Aug 6, 2012

Box Brownie wrote:

On the matter of the CF cards..........as UDMA7 are so luxury expensive though 6 are getting 'bettter' what about my current cards Sandisk Ultra II at 30MB/s and my smaller capacity Extreme III I do hope Canon have not in some way made them incompatible and maybe even slight increase in performance of those would be nice

And also, in FW2 there will be incamera RAW processing of which it was the high ISO NR that caught my eye. So I wonder does the incamera create a JPEG or a sidecar file that Lightroom can read and apply the Canon NR algorithm???
--

AFAIK, Canon has never used "sidecar" files nor supported those used by Adobe. I expect a separate .JPG file will be the result of the NR.
--
Yogi

When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!

See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.

Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow