Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,941Gear list
Like?
Ever shot an event you competed in?
Aug 6, 2012

I had the opportunity to shoot pictures at a Triathlon this weekend that I was also a participant in. I was running(Literally) the third leg of the Triathlon as part of a relay.

It was raining throughout most of the triathlon so I tried to use the fastest lenses(25mm F1.4, 45mm F1.8, and 14-140mm) I had. I also had a full spectrum(Ultraviolet and Infrared) GF1 that allows me to take action photos in the dark. However, the GF1 has unusual colors because it is full spectrum.

So have any of you tried to take pictures and competed at the same time? I ran a 45 minute 10k and then had to immediately turn around and start shooting with my heart rate still over 190.

It was nice to have the ultra small m4/3s cameras though. Since they were so small I actually kept one of them in the transition bag so I could grab it as I finished. I also tried let my wife take pictures of me while I ran.

I set the camera up with Auto ISO and shutter priority at 1/400 of a second. It doesn’t look like she changed any of the settings but she still managed to get a blurry shot even with the 14-140mm with IS on. Do you have any better suggestions on how to setup the camera to hand it off to someone else? Intelligent Auto mode will not work because it never selects a high enough ISO for these cloudy conditions with a relatively slow lens(14-140mm).

What do you think of these images? Does the unusual colors of the full spectrum GF1 look wrong?

Can anyone identify the camera this guy is using?

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow