Vacation photos (E-3/12-60/50-200), and some crying..

Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jolly Oly
Contributing MemberPosts: 978Gear list
Like?
Vacation photos (E-3/12-60/50-200), and some crying..
Aug 6, 2012

I really like those two lenses, both f2.8 at wide end and covering from 24-400 mm (equiv.). Optically - I don't need anything better. Unfortunatelly, after I got home I discovered that many of my images were front focused :(. So later this week I'll send my E-3 to calibration (again), and I think this will be my last attempt to stay with Olympus.

When talking about CaNikon and other brands many ppl here say (including myself) that one of the strongest chain in the camera system are the lenses and with Olympus we are lucky to have some of the best lenses available. While that may be true a simple fact is that no lens can save the image if the AF system is unreliable or inconstant. I'm a simple guy and I don't need more than 10-12 Mp and iso above 1600; DR of the E-3 is good enough for me (especially with LR4) - but I need a reliable and accurate AF system and in that area Olympus is keeps disappointing me, with every body that I own/ed.

A Photokina may be interesting this year and I will look at what others have to offer.

Ok enough crying, images from the vacation are in reply (those without focus issues )

-- hide signature --
 Jolly Oly's gear list:Jolly Oly's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow