How to change Recycle Bin location?

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
davidevans1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,068
Like?
Re: The recycle bin is not a "place"
In reply to lemon_juice, Aug 6, 2012

Everyone's right and I'm wrong, sorry! I realise now that the free space changes constantly, presumably depending on what the PC is doing and has been doing since start-up.

I used it this morning and at the end of the session had 8.76GB free, re-started it and have 9.88GB free. It must have been these fluctuations that I'd mistaken for emptying the Recycle Bin.

lemon_juice wrote:

davidevans1 wrote:

Thanks everyone for their advice. I follow what everyone is saying but am still confused!

My C drive is an 80GB SSD drive and only has programs on it and no data. And I thought it had the recycle bin also.

All my data is on the E Drive, and there is a similar F drive that I use for backups.

If I delete a gigabyte of photographs on the E Drive via Lightroom the remaining space on the C Drive reduces by a gigabyte and the files to delete show in the Recycle Bin.

That's what I'm pretty sure happens, though I can't test to verify until tomorrow. I'll also check whether the available space on the E drive increases by a gigabyte.

This certainly can't be true. As others have said if you delete files on E drive then they remain in the recycle bin on the E drive, Windows never moves files to other disks when deleting to the recycle bin. So your C drive is unaffected by that operation. Also, the available space on E drive does not change until you delete those files from the recycle bin.

-- hide signature --

Michal.

-- hide signature --

David

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow