Crazy FoCal readings on d3s @ number of different lenses...

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jarekn
Regular MemberPosts: 458
Like?
Re: Crazy FoCal readings on d3s @ number of different lenses...
In reply to ianw2, Aug 6, 2012

Hi Ian

Just to make sure we're on the same page, those are not the images I was using for testing I just showed that the focus was really off in real life scenario.

For my testing I was able to control almost everything including distance to the object as that is displayed when one acquires the target. Only thing I didn't have complete control was the light - I shot it outside during the day and the light remained fairly consent through the test.

While there might be a room for small error in the tests, overall I think the results one gets should be sufficient to see if there is a problem or not. In case the variation is small, I think its a great tool for getting the most out of your camera. In my case it just confirmed that there is a huge problem with the camera/lenses. Had the variation be + - 10 or even 15 I could accept that, now given that the variation is much larger in many cases out of range which also shows in normal shooting it has to be resolved and I only hope that Nikon is capable of doing so.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow