ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
urcindalo
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus E-PM1: Very blurry night portrait :(
Aug 6, 2012

Hi everyone and thanks for helping me!

I just bought an Olympus E-PM1. I come from the compact world, having owned previously a Finepix F30 and a Panny DMC-ZS7.

I used the camera for the first time at a home party this weekend and tried to take some night portraits. So I set the E-PM1 both to iAuto and "night portrait" Scene modes, upped the flash and shot. Unfortunately, to my surprise, the camera always tried to collect light for a few seconds whilst the ISO was automatically set at 200, so the pictures ended up very blurry for both modes. I include a sample photo.

I discovered this would happen whenever the camera automatically detected and focused on people's faces. If no face is recognized in advance, like focusing on a bottle, the picture is OK.

So, two questions:
1) Is my camera faulty and should I return it? (I don't think so)

2) How am I supposed to take a "night portrait" and not ending up with an extremely blurred image?

Thanks in advance.

Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow