Crazy FoCal readings on d3s @ number of different lenses...

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jarekn
Regular MemberPosts: 456
Like?
Re: Crazy FoCal readings on d3s @ number of different lenses...
In reply to ianw2, Aug 6, 2012

Hi Ian

So I just got back from Nikon, as much as I hate dealing with this issue I must say that the people at Nikon Vietnam are very good about the situation. The technical spent about half an hour with me today going over some of the FoCal results and talking about possible issues.

He's got both my d3s and d300 with 85mm, 24-70 and 70-200 to do more tests and see if we can figure out what if anything needs the adjustment. From what I got he told me that usually there are two points of adjustment in body - the two mirrors and then software tuning which makes things a bit more accurate.

I did ask him about the distance at which they test and he said for most it is 1 meter and I think from what I remember 3m for the 70-200. I asked him if he could test the shorter lenses at 2 meters just to see if there is a difference but he told me that their software would not work in that setup as it is very specific to the distance at which the object has to be.

I hope to get everything back this week so we'll see how it goes, I am really hoping I can put this issue behind me and get things working like they should

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow