Off topic: Linux vs Windows

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
svuori
Contributing MemberPosts: 619Gear list
Like?
Re: Off topic: Linux vs Windows
In reply to Tom2572, Aug 5, 2012

Well said. What works me up over this topic is that I am actually not against Linux, I'm only against the people who say Microsoft needs to die a painful death so that Linux can rise triumphantly like the knight in the fantasy game they just got through playing. That Android is set to become the overwhelming pick for new mobile devices and the fact that Linux runs more servers than Windows these days is a moot point, Microsoft must die in their eyes for atrocities committed back when they were in diapers watching the Teletubbies.

I'm glad to hear that. I understand that's a bit of a hyperbole but really, do you see most people in favor of Linux telling you that Microsoft needs to die a painful death? Or even that Linux should rise triumphantly?

I see that kind of over-the-top accusations what we supposedly say and do. I hear how Linux is insignificant and Windows and OS X are just superior. With poor arguments to back them up. Most Linux-users here are pretty much just trying to set some facts straight and bring up other points that haven't been considered by the other side.. and that's seen as zealotry and fanaticism.

svuori's gear list:svuori's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow