RX100 vs. M 4/3

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mirrorless Camera Guy
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: RX100 vs. M 4/3
In reply to robonrome, Aug 5, 2012

RX100 is a great camera that doesn't have to be compared to m43. Nonetheless, that is sport around these parts so I will play.

The RX100 is a great, but limited, gem. I do not like its ergonomics at all. Then again, I didn't like the S95 and they are the same form and size. RX100 great in good light, not so great over ISO400...if one is to be considered discerning as to image quality.

RX100 could live best at the wide end, low ISO and fairly low f stop. I don't care for macro shooting so its capabilities there are lost on me.

Now comes the m43. If image quality matters, RX100 wins most often unless you have one of the top two or three current models and you all know which ones they are. Advantage to m43 with these three cameras when fitted with fast/sharp glass. They can do things the RX100 cannot.

RX100 is the best camera of its kind, ever. But, it isn't the panacea for the photography enthusiast once you get past the hype.

-- hide signature --

M.Guy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow