Quite happy with my first wedding with EM-5

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
lutherfan
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: Quite happy with my first wedding with EM-5
In reply to Anthony Finney LSWPP, Aug 5, 2012

The only thing I would say is that most of what you are seeing in the first few pages are the kit lens. Obviously the 45mm is way better and I do hope to upgrade as soon as I can. As for chromatic aberrations, I thought that at 12mm there just isn't any way around most of that - except software correction - no matter what lens you have.

I chose to upgrade to the OMD because I really couldn't afford a whole new system and the expense of a FF. I am most definitely still a "beginner" at all of this. But I would be VERY open to jumping to a FF in a year or two. Frankly I have never even SHOT a full frame camera before! haha!

Anthony Finney LSWPP wrote:

I am considering moving from FF to 4/3 and the OMD is leading the choice, but I must say that this post has put me off! The images you have posted in the post are nice enough images, but it is the images on your gallery link that have me concerned.

This is not a comment regarding your photography skills, but rather the performance of the camera, but all the images in the gallery you have linked, when you view them at original size show considerable amounts of noise at relatively low ISO (400) and many of them also show severe chromatic aberration and are very,very soft. Is this the actual quality of the OMD because there is no way I could offer images of this standard to a paying client.

lutherfan's gear list:lutherfan's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow