help with remote camera triggers? advice?

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oldhouse
Contributing MemberPosts: 729
Like?
help with remote camera triggers? advice?
Aug 5, 2012

Hey all. I'm going to be shooting a shooting match (3-gun competition) at a local shooting range. Rather than take all my pictures positioned from either behind the shooter or beside them, I'd like to stick an old backup camera a bit down range and off to the side, and trigger it remotely for some additional shots. I'm thinking a slightly wider angle lens and cropping as needed.

Currently, my only way of doing this would be via IR remote, which is not terribly effective all the time.

What solutions would you suggest for doing this and how would you set it up?I'm sure some of you have done something like this in the past.... Any tips or suggestions?

I was reading on pocket wizard's site that you could have the remote camera fire whenever you fired the camera at hand- which seems pretty convenient- as opposed to put down camera 1 in hand and grab remote and fire off sequence of pictures with remote camera.
Thanks, Quinn

-- hide signature --

Quinn

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow