Quite happy with my first wedding with EM-5

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
lutherfan
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Re: Quite happy with my first wedding with EM-5
In reply to zkz5, Aug 5, 2012

hmmm... YES, I agree, that I was perhaps somewhat, shall we say, OVER eager to do things "naturally" when at the house and eschewing the flash... and I would say that I hadn't paid enough attention PPing to the portrait of the girl. the 3200 ISO noise on that IS bothersome, to say the least. I dare say that a bit more work on it will fix it.

As for the better lighting... I had actually just bought a special light defuser to put on a stand with a strobe for fill in light to try for the first time... and was REALLY bummed to find out when I got to the venue that somehow I had failed to throw it in the bag. But I most likely didn't even have my little fill card standing up and working.

I DO appreciate these things. You guys are putting me on my toes and making me notice all the things I am so happy to miss. THANKS!

zkz5 wrote:

Looking now at the first few pages of the gallery site as well and I agree with the noise problem:

http://prettygoodportraits.smugmug.com/Weddings/Joe-and-Jill-Skurkis/24524454_GR6S3L# !i=2002270699&k=2v7vKgp&lb=1&s=A

Most of the ones in the first few pages could have used some fill flash or better lighting in general which would have fixed the noise problem and gotten rid of the unsightly shadows on faces:

http://prettygoodportraits.smugmug.com/Weddings/Joe-and-Jill-Skurkis/24524454_GR6S3L# !i=2002259918&k=7wBms6L

A flash bounced off the ceiling with a bounce card or other device reflecting some of the light forward probably would have helped a lot.

lutherfan's gear list:lutherfan's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow