Is it normal?? 😡

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
random78
Regular MemberPosts: 279Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it normal?? 😡
In reply to MrScorpio, Aug 5, 2012

It is silly that they don't include the hood and charge so much for it. I would surely not buy the hood from them. But they are not alone in it. For example Canon doesn't include hoods with its non-L lenses.

However at $800 panasonic 45mm 2.8 is hardly a cheap lens with or without the hood, specially comparing with Olympus 45mm 1.8 at $400. I don't think you can say that olympus lenses are any more "ridiculously priced" than the Panasonic stuff.

MrScorpio wrote:

Hi

Yesterday I bought 2 lenses, the Oly 75 mm and the Pana/Leica 45 mm macro.

The Oly cost me a lot, but not including the lens hood as usual, which was an extra 110 usd (approx). That must be the ultimate rip off that a basic accessory is not included in such an expensive lens and so utterly expensive to buy in addition.

The Pana/Leica was very much cheaper, including a hood...

Shame on Olympus for treating their customers in this way. Expensive glass should include hoods, but if not, why sell them at rip off prices, p-ng their customers off.

I just hope there will be more of the excellent Pana/Leica glass available so I can avoid buying the ridiculously priced Olympus stuff.

Sure, I know, as long as there are buyers there are sellers, but this is bad treatment of customers In my view...

Anyone agrees??

-- hide signature --
 random78's gear list:random78's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow